YOGA, MASSAGE AND MEDITATION
FOR THE CHILDBEARING YEAR AND BEYOND
SERVING THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
K A R I M A R B L E
MA, ERYT, RPYT, CMT, CIIM
Yoga and Massage for Labor
2018: Sundays 1/21, 3/4, 5/6, 6/24, 8/19, 10/14, 12/9
* Held at The Mindful Body in San Francisco
* $125 per couple
* Pre-registration required. Please contact The Mindful Body at 415-931-2639 or register online at www.themindfulbody.com.
* No prior yoga or massage experience necessary.
* The ideal time for the class is between 30-37 weeks, but earlier or later is fine as well.
* Private sessions are also available, 3 hours, $295.
Deepen your birth preparation through essential massage, yoga, breath, and relaxation practice. This workshop will provide you and your birth partner with confidence and an invaluable array of tools to support labor and birth, whether for your first baby or beyond.
In this workshop, together you will:
* Learn how to relieve labor pain and muscle and joint discomforts of pregnancy using specific massage techniques. This includes where and how to apply counter-pressure, appropriate types of touch during and between contractions, and use of good body mechanics to facilitate comfort and endurance in offering support.
* Learn foundational breath techniques to gain energy, focus and calm.
* Practice partner yoga postures to strengthen and open the body for labor and birth.
* Practice positions that tap your body’s wisdom, align with gravity to ease your body’s work, and aid progression of labor.
* Learn to use vocalization to focus your mind and relax your body through contractions.
* Discuss the importance of mindset in framing a positive birth experience.
* Receive one-on-one guidance from your teachers, only possible in this focused and intimate small group setting.
We offer group workshops every two months. I also regularly offer private workshops at your home if preferred (3 hours, $295). Privates allow complete focus on your personal questions and birth intentions, and guidance on how to use your home space for the hours of labor you choose to be there.
"Kari and Craig's pace, content, resource listings and practical demonstrations were extremely helpful! The variety of partner poses and massage techniques were invaluable during labor, and because my husband and I learned them together, he was able to assist me in remaining present and focused when it got tough during labor. We acted as a team and felt closer than ever."
copyright © Kari Marble | All Rights Reserved